Well, for starters, it's on the park! At any time of night or day I can look out from my balcony and watch the activity across the street. Sometimes I time the kissing couples. So far the couple with the record kissed for over an hour. I'm talking straight on lips contact with no discernable motion for over an hour. I thought they had suffocated each other and died.
I can check out the weather to decide what to wear before going out. Of course so far the weather has always been comfortable, dry, lovely. I'm sure it has its days.
The air around the park feels alive. I looked out at 1:15 this morning. There was a young woman sidewalk sweeper working away, with Christmas music from somewhere in the background. I wondered how she feels about her job. Is she happy to have a job? Grateful that she can get home in time to get the kids off to school? Miserable because it's the only job she can find and resenting every minute of it? The streets and sidewalks here are always clean. It's weird. Nice, but weird. I guess it's because of people like Sylvia. I don't know why, but I decided to call her Sylvia.
Every time of the day seems to have its own story. And I can watch them all. Of course watching from above has its limits. It usually serves to inspire. And then it's off to the park - to watch the kids. And the dogs. To buy an anticucho. To admire the pansies. My mother's favorite flower. I always miss her when I see pansies.
Every evening there is a flea market affair in one area of the park. A lot of antigues and odds and ends. Nothing I would want. But fun to look.
On Sunday morning we discovered a seniors' exercise class in one of the round pavilions. I was about to ask if I could join in when it was suddenly over. I asked if they met every day, but it's only a Sunday event.
There are some beautiful dogs around here. They get to walk in this beautiful park with their people. They all seem to be very well behaved. The dogs here do not bark. I wonder if they have all had their voice boxes removed.
No comments:
Post a Comment