Since we’re leaving on the night bus for Trujillo, we packed and checked out of the hotel this morning, then left our backpacks at the desk so that we could wander around town without carrying them. The bus leaves at 11:30 pm. It’s about a 9 hour trip. We have seats that recline all the way back into beds. Apparently there’s a movie and they supply blankets, drinks, a snack, etc. Sounds
pretty luxurious compared to any bus we’ve ever been on.
First thing this morning we had coffee at my new favorite coffee place,
Donetellos. Then after packing, I went for my second cup at my new favorite coffee place,
La Favorita. Somehow our wires got crossed and we ended up in different places at the same time, so I had my second cup alone while Gene walked around town trying to figure out which of my new favorite places I was at. I suppose some of you must thing that all I ever do is have coffee. This is definitely not true. In the afternoon we went to
Alfresco’s for lunch.

This place is fancier than the other places we have fallen in love with. We had different types of mixed seafood plates, which were great.

But it’s really not as good, or as much fun, as my new favorite places. We also walked over to the market again so that I could buy an alpaca shawl in case it gets cold on the bus tonight. After that, we stopped at a little corner café for a jarra of
Chi Cha Morada.

There was some time in there somewhere at both the South American Explorer’s Club and Starbucks on the internet.
So now we’re off for our second location on this trip: Trujillo – further north, but still on the coast. I need to put a map on here somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment