Oh, my God! For coffee this place is the worst! Did that stupid thing again this morning of going downstairs for the included breakfast! Poured myself some “coffee” out of the little white pitcher. Added some “milk” from the other pitcher. Took a taste – of cold axle grease, I guess! Jesus! Am I ever going to get a decent cup of coffee in this place??? So I asked the waiter what the hell is this all about! He explains to me that I am supposed to pour myself a cupful of hot water out of the big coffee urn. Then I am supposed to add a bit of the strong cold black stuff that looks like axle grease. Then I can add some of the weird tasting “cream” if I want. OK. So that’s closer to an actual cup of coffee, but, I really just need a real cup of coffee in the morning! Without all this work!
So ultimately we find a place that will serve us an actual cup of actual coffee. After that we are able to function well enough to decide to go to Huanchaco, the nearby beach town. Fun day. A real beach. Beach-town type restaurants. Great ceviche and cold beer. We’re happy again! It is fun wandering around a beach town but not burning up. It was so comfortable. And tranquilo. Not wild and crazy with weird tourists. Just really pleasant. Kind of like a Maine beach town. Nice town, good food, cold water. But here they surf it wet suits. Looks pretty weird, but they all seem happy. I like this place.
So ultimately we find a place that will serve us an actual cup of actual coffee. After that we are able to function well enough to decide to go to Huanchaco, the nearby beach town. Fun day. A real beach. Beach-town type restaurants. Great ceviche and cold beer. We’re happy again! It is fun wandering around a beach town but not burning up. It was so comfortable. And tranquilo. Not wild and crazy with weird tourists. Just really pleasant. Kind of like a Maine beach town. Nice town, good food, cold water. But here they surf it wet suits. Looks pretty weird, but they all seem happy. I like this place.
No comments:
Post a Comment