11/17/08

Places Hiding in Alleys

I swear I don't really believe anything that any of the guidebooks say anymore. But they do seem to be a good jumping off point for wandering about and learning about a place. So I had read about this tapas place in one of the books. It was even called Tapas. It was located just a few feet off the main road on the other side of the park - down a really intriguing cobblestone road. Always in search of tapas, we took off walking - on a mission to find Tapas. Of course the address where it supposedly existed at one time now houses a copy and fax business. It actually looks like it has been a copy shop for many many years. Once again: never believe anything the guidebooks say. But who cares? It's a wonderful little street - and about half way down, we discover a mysterious little alley that connects it to the next street over. Sitting in the alley are little tables extending the space of the several small restaurants that fill the space. Of course all the locals know about this little piece of excitement, so there are no tables free. The food looks great. We want in. We continue on and exit on the next street - directly in front of Rincon Chami, which also has tables all along the street. It is immediately clear that I have found my new favorite place.

No comments: